So much bad advice …
Funny thing — you can ask for people’s favorite words of advice, and you’ll get a decent number of answers.
But ask for their favorite piece of bad advice, and you’ll really get a response. I did exactly that on Twitter, and the podcast and Copyblogger post this week are all about what I found.
It ain’t what you don’t know … it’s what you know that just ain’t so.
In this 21-minute episode, I talk about:
- Jason Miller’s smart article about why the “goldfish attention span” myth is dangerously wrong
- Why it’s a terrible idea to dumb down your content
- My suggestion — that you might find extremely dumb — for reframing a piece of content
- Publishing frequency myths and truths
- The most important thing you can learn from bad advice