Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Using Bluetooth, beacons and NFC to personalize in-store shopping
Jun 15, 2017 by Justin Freid
At a time when brick-and-mortar retail stores are facing significant challenges, contributor Justin Freid suggests ways they could deploy new technologies to shore up their businesses.
- 2017 growth hacks: Optimizing organic market share
Jun 15, 2017 by Lori Weiman
Columnist Lori Weiman continues her series on search marketing growth hacks with an installment on improving organic search performance.
- Why ‘good’ isn’t good enough in Google Shopping
Jun 15, 2017 by Andreas Reiffen
Have you experienced high growth from your Google Shopping ads? You’re not the only one. Columnist Andreas Reiffen looks at growth data for product listing ads and explains why even an 89% growth in revenue year over year may not be enough to outpace your competitors.
- Who’s really responsible for brand safety? Tools you can employ to take the matter in hand
Jun 15, 2017 by Mark Williams
As brand safety continues to take center stage in the digital ad industry, contributor Mark Williams discusses the technologies and solutions you need to decrease risk and protect your brand.
- Pioneering CMOs discuss the future at MarTech
Jun 15, 2017 by Scott Brinker
I’m super excited to highlight some of our featured speakers presenting at MarTech, October 2-4 in Boston. It’s an all-star line up of pioneering CMOs and marketing visionaries. The advent of marketing automation 10 years ago was arguably the Big Bang of martech.
- Here’s how ‘customer tech’ may rescue consumers and brands from GDPR
Jun 15, 2017 by Barry Levine
The EU standard for consumer data may shield users from tracking and privacy violations, but it could also become a usability nightmare.
- WP Engine launches Content Performance analytics tool
Jun 15, 2017 by Barry Levine
Incorporating some Google Analytics data, the new capability is designed to better measure content by authors, posts and topics.
- How to market your brand using interactive native content — Part 3
Jun 15, 2017 by Jane Loring
In Part 3 of a series, contributor Jane Loring explains how interactive native content can go a long way toward educating your audience, building trust and increasing brand awareness.
- Google’s mobile-first index likely not coming until 2018 at earliest
Jun 15, 2017 by Matt McGee
At SMX Advanced, Gary Illyes says Google will “communicate a lot” before rolling out the mobile-first index.
- Twitter rolls out new apps; iOS versions support Apple’s ad blockers
Jun 15, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Twitter is switching its in-app browser to Apple’s Safari View Controller, which enables ad blocking and an ad-free Reader mode.
- What to look for in an SEO software platform
Jun 14, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
With hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands, and even millions of pages, sites and keywords to manage and optimize, enterprise SEO has become increasingly complicated and time-consuming. Using an enterprise SEO software platform can increase efficiency and productivity while reducing the time and errors involved in managing organic search campaigns.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- Big, Bold and Full of Feeling: The 2017 Facebook Awards Winners, Facebook for Business
- Celebrating 30 Years of the GIF, Facebook Newsroom
- Facebook promises to openly talk about its most controversial internal policies, The Verge
- Hard Questions, Facebook Newsroom
- How big brands coped with social media crises, Econsultancy
- How To Use LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms, Search Engine People
- How Twitter Is Taking On Manipulative Bots to Fight the Spread of Fake News, Adweek
- How Your Small Business Social Media Can Compete, Heidi Cohen
- Quick Guide to Facebook Lookalike Audiences for Multiple Countries, The AdStage Blog
- Snapchat Rolled Out LGBTQ Pride Month Creative Tools and Our Stories, Adweek
- Want Pinterest Ads Results? 8 Things You Need to Know Now!, Tailwind Blog
- Will Influencers Use The New Instagram Paid Partnership Tag?, MediaKix